2/19 – Lunar New Year CLE: 2021 The Year of the Ox (virtual)
1 p.m.-2:30 p.m. (Eastern)
Presenters will explore legal and policy issues relating to race and higher education and will focus on alleged racial discrimination in admissions decisions at institutions of higher learning, specifically, Students for Fair Admission v. Harvard and United States v. Yale.
Asheesh Agarwal,Board Member, APABA-Indiana (Moderator)
- Debo Adegbile, WilmerHale, Partner / Counsel to Harvard University
- Eric Dreiband, Former United States Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division
- Wen Fa, Attorney, Pacific Legal Foundation and authored PLF’s amicus brief in the Harvard case
- Jin Hee Lee, Senior Deputy Director of Litigation, NAACP Legal Defense Fund
2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. (Eastern)
Presenters will discuss anticipated developments with the Biden administration, including changes in enforcement and policy in the following areas: Department of Labor, OSHA, NLRB, EEOC, and immigration.
- Mark Kittaka, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg
- Michael Durham, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg
Date: Friday, February 19, 2021
Time: 1:00 – 3:30 pm (Eastern time)
Credit hours: 2.5 General CLE
Cost: free (Click here to register.)
Provider: Asian American Pacific Bar Association of Indiana (ABAPA-IN), Barnes & Thornburg LLP, the Indiana State Bar Association, the Indianapolis Bar Association, American Constitution Society (ACS), the Federalist Society, NAPABA, IU McKinney School of Law Asian Law Student Association (ALSA) and IU Maurer School of Law Asian Pacific American Law Student Association (APALSA).