The Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence recently honored nine individuals, including an Elkhart County prosecutor and a Lake Circuit magistrate judge, for the positive impact they have on the lives of domestic violence victims.
Elkhart County Deputy Prosecutor Mark Altenhof received the Outstanding Prosecutor Award and Lake Circuit Magistrate Judge Richard McDevitt received the Outstanding Judge Award from the organization at its 26th annual conference in Indianapolis last month.
Also honored at the event:
- Mary Ann Cox, Beaman Home, Warsaw - Volunteer of the Year
- Kathy Kuss, Washington County - Outstanding Domestic Violence Professional
- Dr. Sharon Laufer, Harrison County - Outstanding Medical Professional
- Brett Clark, Hendricks County - Outstanding Law Enforcement Officer
- Karen L. Pedler, Elkhart County - Outstanding Batterers' Intervention Program Facilitator
- Madison McCorkle, Howard County - Courage to Make a Difference Award
- Debbie Norris, Marion County - Courage to Make a Difference Award
The ICADV is a non-profit organization that provides statewide comprehensive domestic violence services and legal assistance to low-income victims of domestic violence.