Now accepting nominations.
Indiana Lawyer annually honors members of the legal community who have shown a commitment to their profession and the clients and communities they serve with Leadership in Law Distinguished Barrister, Up and Coming Lawyer, Legal Support Stars and Lifetime Achievement awards.
Attorneys eligible for nomination as a Distinguished Barrister have practiced law at least 20 years, and attorneys eligible for nomination as an Up and Coming Lawyer have been practicing 10 years or less. Legal Support Stars are nonlawyer professionals who have served in a legal support capacity for at least five years. The Lifetime Achievement Award will honor one Indiana attorney with at least 25 years of experience whose exemplary life’s work merits singular recognition. Nominations should explain why the nominee deserves recognition by the legal community. Award recipients will be selected based the on the following criteria:
- Achievement in the legal profession and involvement in professional legal organizations.
- Community contributions supporting social and civic community-based organizations and programs.
- Facilitation of mentoring relationships with young lawyers (Distinguished Barrister and Lifetime Achievement Award nominees only).
- Narrative describing what makes this young lawyer stand out among his/her peer group (Up and Coming nominees only).
Nominations must be received by March 5, 2024 to be considered. Awards will be presented at Indiana Lawyer’s Leadership in Law recognition event on May 30, 2024.
Nomination Guidelines – Click here to submit nomination.
Please include the following information for each nomination:
- Completed nomination form.
- Nominee’s resume.
- Examples of the nominee’s professional achievements, involvement and community service as outlined in the criteria above. Anecdotes, narratives and stories that help the awards committee get to know the nominee personally and professionally are encouraged.
- Letters of support from other individuals and/or organizations also are encouraged.
Please direct questions to Olivia Covington at 317-472-5230 or 800-968-1225, ext. 230, or [email protected].