The seven lawyers in the running to be the next Indiana justice will be interviewed by the Indiana Judicial Nominating Commission Feb. 23.
The 30-minute interviews will run from 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The commission will begin deliberations at 12:45 p.m. to determine which three names the group will send to Gov. Mitch Daniels for consideration. The governor has 60 days from the time he receives the list to appoint the new justice.
The seven semi-finalists and their interview times are:
• Jane A. Seigel, Indianapolis – 8:45 a.m.
• Floyd Superior Judge Maria D. Granger – 9:15 a.m.
• Steven R. Schultz, Columbus – 9:45 a.m.
• Marion Superior Judge Robyn L. Moberly – 10:30 a.m.
• Mark S. Massa, Indianapolis – 11 a.m.
• Indiana Court of Appeals Judge Cale J. Bradford – 11:30 a.m.
• Marion Superior Judge Robert R. Altice Jr. - Noon
Chief Justice Randall T. Shepard announced in December 2011 that he will be leaving the bench March 4.