Four trial judges and 10 attorneys have indicated they would like to be the next Indiana Court of Appeals judge.
Seven men and seven women applied for the judicial position that will open when Judge Carr Darden retires in July. The applicants will have 20-minute, first-round interviews May 16.
The interview schedule is:
• 8:45 a.m. – Hon. Cynthia J. Ayers, Marion Superior Court
• 9:05 a.m. – Mr. Jeffrey D. Wehmueller, Noblesville
• 9:25 a.m. – Ms. Carol Nemeth Joven, Indianapolis
• 10:00 a.m. – Mr. Bryce D. Owens, Pendleton
• 10:20 a.m. – Ms. Abigail Lawlis Kuzma, Indianapolis
• 10:40 a.m. – Ms. Brenda A. Roper, Indianapolis
• 11:15 a.m. – Ms. Rebecca A. Trent, Brookston
• 11:35 a.m. – Hon. William C. Menges Jr., Howard Superior Court
(Executive session for Judicial Qualifications business)
• 1:30 p.m. – Mr. Chris M. Teagle, Muncie
• 1:50 p.m. – Ms. Patricia Caress McMath, Indianapolis
• 2:10 p.m. – Hon. Rudolph R. Pyle III, Madison Circuit Court
• 2:45 p.m. – Ms. Kari Evans Bennett, Noblesville
• 3:05 p.m. – Mr. Joel M. Schumm, Indianapolis
• 3:25 p.m. – Hon. Robert R. Altice Jr., Marion Superior Court
At 4 p.m., the nominating commission will hold an executive session followed by a public vote to select the semi-finalists. Second-round interviews will be held the first week of June.