A northwest Indiana judge has rejected a request by the Indiana attorney general's office that he put on hold his order striking down the state's right-to-work law until the state Supreme Court rules on a similar case.
The Times of Munster reports Lake County Judge George Paras' order was posted on the court docket Wednesday after being issued last week.
Attorney General's Office spokesman Bryan Corbin told The Associated Press that it hasn't received the order but that it plans to file a new motion for a stay with the Indiana Supreme Court. Corbin says to avoid inconsistency, the trial court should wait for the Supreme Court to rule.
Paras determined the law violates the state constitution by forcing unions to provide services to workers without payment.