Federal Rules of Practice and Procedure amendments took effect Monday governing the appellate, civil, bankruptcy and evidence rules.
The amended rules apply to:
- Appellate Rule 6 of the Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure, dealing with appeals in bankruptcy cases;
- Bankruptcy Rules 1014, 7004, 7054, 9023 and 9024, and 8001-8028 of the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure;
- Civil Rule 77 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Criminal Rules 5, 6, 12, 34 and 58 of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure, and;
- Evidence Rules 801(d)(1)(B) and 803 (6)-(8) of the Federal Rules of Evidence.
The rules follow recommendations by the Judicial Conference of the United States, review by the U.S. Supreme Court, and consideration by Congress.