The Indiana Supreme Court released the names of the eight people who want to replace Court of Appeals Judge Ezra Friedlander after he retires from the bench in August.
The following attorneys and judges have applied for the position:
• Judge Robert R. Altice Jr., Marion Superior Court
• Bryan L. Ciyou, Ciyou & Dixon P.C., Indianapolis
• Stephen R. Creason, Office of the Indiana Attorney General, Indianapolis
• Judge Christopher M. Goff, Wabash Superior Court
• Patricia C. McMath, Marion County Public Defender Agency, Indianapolis
• Judge Gary L. Miller, Marion Superior Court
• David L. Pippen, Bose McKinney & Evans LLP, Indianapolis
• Joel M. Schumm, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis
Altice and McMath were finalists for the opening created when COA Judge Carr Darden retired in 2012. Judge Rudolph Pyle III was appointed by Gov. Mitch Daniels as Darden’s replacement.
Friedlander’s replacement will be selected by Gov. Mike Pence following interviews with the Indiana Judicial Nominating Commission. The commission sends the governor three finalists from which he’ll make his appointment.
Details on the interviews and information on how the applications can be reviewed will be announced soon, according to the release from the Supreme Court.