The Indiana Judicial Nominating Commission will not be interviewing the eight applicants for a Court of Appeals vacancy next week, as originally announced. The interviews will now take place sometime in June.
An announcement on the state courts’ website says details on the June interviews will be released soon, including the interview schedule and how the public can review the applications.
The eight attorneys or judges who applied to replace Judge Ezra Friedlander after he retires at the end of August are:
• Judge Robert R. Altice Jr., Marion Superior Court
• Bryan L. Ciyou, Ciyou & Dixon P.C., Indianapolis
• Stephen R. Creason, Office of the Indiana Attorney General, Indianapolis
• Judge Christopher M. Goff, Wabash Superior Court
• Patricia C. McMath, Marion County Public Defender Agency, Indianapolis
• Judge Gary L. Miller, Marion Superior Court
• David L. Pippen, Bose McKinney & Evans LLP, Indianapolis
• Joel M. Schumm, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis
Friedlander’s replacement will be selected by Gov. Mike Pence following interviews with the Judicial Nominating Commission. The commission sends the governor three finalists, and he has 60 days to make his appointment.