The next Indiana Court of Appeals judge will be Marion Superior Judge Robert R. Altice Jr., Wabash Superior Judge Christopher M. Goff or Patricia McMath of the Marion County Public Defender Agency. They are the three finalists that the Indiana Judicial Nominating Commission selected Wednesday after holding interviews most of the day.
Gov. Mike Pence will select the person to succeed Judge Ezra Friedlander, who is retiring at the end of August. Pence has 60 days from when he receives the finalists’ names from the commission to make his appointment.
The interviews began at 9 a.m. and lasted until 2:45 p.m. The commission entered executive session around 3 p.m. and announced their choices for finalists shortly before 5:30 p.m.
The other candidates were:
• Bryan L. Ciyou, Ciyou & Dixon P.C., Indianapolis
• Stephen R. Creason, Office of the Indiana Attorney General, Indianapolis
• Judge Gary L. Miller, Marion Superior Court
• David L. Pippen, Bose McKinney & Evans LLP, Indianapolis
• Joel M. Schumm, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis.