The Indiana Judicial Nominating Commission on Friday selected 15 people as semifinalists to replace retiring Indiana Supreme Court Justice Brent Dickson.
- Hon. James R. Ahler, Jasper Superior Court, Rensselaer
- Hon. Vicki L. Carmichael, Clark Circuit Court 4, New Albany
- Hon. Paul R. Cherry, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, Hammond
- Hon. Darrin M. Dolehanty, Wayne Superior Court 3, Richmond
- Hon. Thomas J. Felts, Allen Circuit Court, Fort Wayne
- Mr. Thomas M. Fisher, Indiana solicitor general
- Hon. Frances C. Gull, Allen Superior Court, Fort Wayne
- Hon. Steven L. Hostetler, St. Joseph Superior Court, South Bend
- Hon. Matthew C. Kincaid, Boone Superior Court 1, Lebanon
- Mr. Mark A. Lienhoop; Newby Lewis Kaminski & Jones LLP, LaPorte
- Hon. Steven R. Nation, Hamilton Superior Court 1, Noblesville
- Mr. Peter J. Rusthoven, Barnes & Thornburg LLP, Indianapolis
- Mr. Geoffrey G. Slaughter, Taft Stettinius & Holister LLP, Indianapolis
- Rep. Thomas W. Washburne, Old National Bancorp, Evansville
- Mr. Thomas E. Wheeler II, Frost Brown Todd LLC, Indianapolis
The selections came after three days of interviews with 29 lawyers and judges from around the state who applied. Semifinalists will be interviewed March 3-4, and the commission will narrow the list to three names that will be submitted for appointment by Gov. Mike Pence.
Dickson retires effective April 29.