The Evansville Bar Foundation will be presenting more than $22,000 in grants to local nonprofits in Vanderburgh County during a special luncheon Wednesday.
Each year, the bar foundation awards grants to support special projects and new initiatives by law-related programs and organizations within the Evansville community. The bar foundation was established in 1999 with a donation from Evelyn Sanders, the widow of the late John Sanders, a longtime practicing Evansville attorney. Members of the Evansville Bar Association have continued to support the bar foundation through annual contributions.
The luncheon will start at noon at the Tropicana Conference Center.
The grant recipients and their 2016 awards are:
- Holly’s House – $2,500
- Indiana Legal Services – $3,000
- Voices Inc. – $500
- Volunteer Lawyers Program of Southwest Indiana – $4,295
- YMCA Youth & Government Program – $4,000
- Youth Resources Teen Court Program – $4,000
- CASA Inc. – $2,500
- Evansville Bar Association Diversity Taskforce – $1,250
Evansville Bar Association Women Attorney Section – $500