The Indiana Judicial Nominating Commission has cut the number of people still in contention to become a Supreme Court justice from 20 to 11.
The commission announced the names of the semifinalists Wednesday afternoon for the upcoming vacancy on the Indiana Supreme Court. Justice Robert Rucker will retire from the court May 12 after 17 years on that court, and 26 overall as an appellate judge.
The semifinalists are:
• Clark Superior Judge Vicki L. Carmichael, Jeffersonville
• Morgan Superior Judge Peter R. Foley, Martinsville
• Wabash Superior Judge Christopher M. Goff, Wabash
• Floyd Superior Judge Maria D. Granger, New Albany
• Elizabeth C. Green, partner, Riley Bennett Egloff, Indianapolis
• Leslie C. Henderzahs, partner, Church Church Hittle & Antrim PC, Fishers
• St. Joseph Superior Judge Steven L. Hostetler, South Bend
• Boone Superior Judge Matthew C. Kincaid, Lebanon
• William N. Riley, partner, Riley Williams & Piatt LLC, Indianapolis
• Peter J. Rusthoven, partner, Barnes & Thornburg LLP, Indianapolis
• Rep. Thomas W. Washburne, Old National Bancorp., Evansville
The second round of interviews will be April 17-19. The commission will then select three names to be sent to Gov. Eric Holcomb for his selection.