Two magistrate judges, two attorneys in private practice and a South Bend city attorney have been nominated to fill a pending vacancy on the St. Joseph Superior Court.
The St. Joseph Superior Court Judicial Nominating Commission on Wednesday announced these five nominees to replace Judge Jane Woodward Miller when she retires in January:
- Magistrate Judge Andre Gammage
- Magistrate Judge Elizabeth Hardtke
- Solo practitioner Jeffrey Kimmell
- Anderson Agostino & Keller attorney Stephanie Nemeth
- South Bend corporation counsel Stephanie Steele
Gov. Eric Holcomb will have 60 days to choose the new judge after receiving from the commission the list of candidates with written evaluations of each.
The commission consists of six members — Charles W. Lahey, Charles Leone, Douglas Sakaguchi, Karen Barnett, Joseph Grabill, and Professor David Anderson Hooker — and is chaired by Indiana Supreme Court Justice Christopher Goff.