The Indiana State Department of Health on Wednesday said the number of presumptive positive cases for COVID-19 has risen to 10 in the state after the emergence of four more cases, including three cases in Johnson County.
The other newly identified patient resides in Howard County, the department said.
The health department is providing case updates daily at 10 a.m. based on results received through midnight. On its statistical online dashboard, the department said it had tested 43 Hoosiers for the virus. No deaths have been reported.
The first positive case of COVID-19, reported Friday, involved a Marion County resident who traveled to Boston in late February to attend the BioGen conference. A second case, reported Sunday, involved a Hendricks County patient who also attended the Biogen conference.
The third case in the state, reported Sunday night, involved a student at Hickory Elementary School in the Avon Community School Corp. The fourth was reported Monday in Noble County in northern Indiana.
Two more cases were reported Tuesday, with one patient in Adams County and the other in Boone County.
Johnson (three cases) and Hendricks (two cases) are the only counties in the state so far with multiple confirmed cases.
As of 10 a.m. Wednesday morning, 1,039 cases had been reported in the United States with 29 deaths, according to a running tally maintained by health researchers at Johns Hopkins. More than 121,000 cases have been reported globally with 4,369 deaths.