Gov. Eric Holcomb has appointed two leaders of faith-based organizations and a retired business vice president to serve on the Allen Superior Court Judicial Nominating Commission for the next four years.
The three reappointments to the JNC, who will serve until June 30, 2025, are:
- Benjamin Eisbart of Fort Wayne, retired former vice president at Steel Dynamics
- Angela Moellering of Fort Wayne, president and CEO of Lutheran Social Services of Indiana
- Mark Terrell of Fort Wayne, CEO of Lifeline Youth & Family Services, Crosswinds, and Lasting Change
The seven-member commission, led by Indiana Supreme Court Justice Steven David, includes three attorney members elected by Allen County attorneys and three non-attorney members appointed by the governor.
Since June 2017, Justice David has chaired the Allen County Judicial Nominating Commission; Justice Mark Massa chaired the Marion County Judicial Selection Committee; Justice Geoffrey Slaughter chaired the Lake County Judicial Nominating Commission; and Justice Christopher Goff chaired the St. Joseph County Nominating Commission.
As the expiration deadline for those appointments approaches on June 30, Chief Justice Loretta Rush made new appointments to the posts to go into effect July 1 through June 30, 2025. The appointments, announced in a June 2 order, are as follows:
- Justice Goff, Allen County JNC
- Justice Massa, Lake County JNC
- Justice Slaughter, St. Joseph County JNC
- Justice David, Marion County JSC
At the conclusion of each term, the chairs of these Commissions and the Committee will be rotated and appointments made for new four-year terms.