Jury selection for sex trafficking trial of Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs is pushed to next week
Judge Arun Subramanian granted a request by defense lawyers to delay until Monday the final step in the jury selection process, expected to last less than an hour.
Judge Arun Subramanian granted a request by defense lawyers to delay until Monday the final step in the jury selection process, expected to last less than an hour.
The music mogul has pleaded not guilty to a five-count indictment charging him with leading a racketeering conspiracy from 2004 to 2024 that resulted in various crimes, including kidnapping, arson, bribery and sex trafficking.
Miriam Haley, a former TV and movie production assistant, alleges that the former movie mogul forcibly performed oral sex on her at his New York City apartment in 2006.
It’s no ordinary life jurors sent him on to when they quickly returned not guilty verdicts Tuesday on two counts of felony assault with a semiautomatic handgun.
Jurors began deliberating Friday morning and took less than three hours to come up with a verdict following five days of testimony.
Former Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill is set to stand trial before a jury next week, following two years of delays — and nearly seven years since Hill allegedly groped a lawmaker and three staffers during a party.
It’s not often that photojournalists’ cameras get confiscated by the government, at least not in the American land of press freedom. But it happened at the Delphi double-murder trial.
Eight women and six men have been selected so far to a jury in the trial of a man charged in the Indiana killings of two teenage girls during a winter hike in 2017.
A May 5 trial date was set Thursday in Sean “Diddy” Combs’sex trafficking case, and a prosecutor argued that the jailed hip-hop mogul’s lawyers were trying to exclude a “damning piece of evidence” by claiming it was leaked by the government.
The case against Madigan, who resigned in 2021, is one of Illinois’ largest corruption trials in years. The 82-year-old is charged in a multimillion-dollar racketeering and bribery scheme that included the state’s largest utility, ComEd.
The jury found that a handful of the dolls infringed on OMG Girlz’s “trade dress” and/or misappropriated the “name, likeness and identity” of the music group.
The longtime host of “The Late Show with David Letterman” found himself answering questions rather than asking them when a federal judge in New York City put the entertainer through an audition of sorts for a possible role as a juror in a criminal trial.
Brandon McDowell has been behind bars since 2022 with a fentanyl possession conviction. But the parents of the victim have now won an additional $5.8 million judgment against him for the death of their daughter.
The victims’ lawsuit seeks to hold Dimitrios Pagourtzis and his parents, Antonios Pagourtzis and Rose Marie Kosmetatos, financially liable for the shooting at Santa Fe High School on May 18, 2018. They are pursuing at least $1 million in damages.
McKenzie Cochran, 25, was unarmed and repeatedly told guards, “I can’t breathe,” while face down, following a dispute at a jewelry store inside Northland Center in 2014, witnesses said.
A jury in a hushed courtroom saw security video of a person wearing bright orange clothing slip into the yard of a home where a veteran Las Vegas investigative journalist was ambushed and killed nearly two years ago as the trial of a former elected county official charged with the reporter’s murder began Wednesday.
Vanderburgh County Prosecutor Diana Moers announced that on July 31, a jury found Taylor Alexis Smith guilty as charged for the death of her infant son Wade Wilson.
A judge has declared a mistrial in the case of an Indianapolis man accused of fatally shooting five people, including a pregnant woman. Marion County Superior Judge Chris Miller declared the mistrial Tuesday in the trial of 20-year-old Raymond Ronald Lee Childs III after a witness verbally confronted the defendant in front of the jury.
A judge has tentatively scheduled Harvey Weinstein’s planned retrial on rape and sexual assault charges to begin on Nov. 12.
The second phase of the civil trial against the National Rifle Association and its top executives is set to begin Monday in Manhattan, with New York Attorney General Letitia James seeking an independent monitor to oversee the powerful gun rights group.