St. Joseph Circuit Judge Michael Gotsch Sr. was recognized by the Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence Wednesday for his work addressing the needs of both children and victims of domestic violence.
Judge Gotsch was one of seven people honored at the ICADV’s 15th annual awards luncheon. He received the 2010 Outstanding Service award in the judge category.
Other winners are:
- Prosecutor: Linda Major, Executive Director of Domestic Violence Affairs, Marion County Prosecutor’s Office
- Law Enforcement Officer: Stephen Pastore, Wells County probation officer
- Domestic Violence Professional: Mary Butiste-Jones, Indiana Legal Services attorney
- Volunteer: Chris Garrett, domestic violence survivor
- Batterers’ Intervention Provider: John Beams, Director of Men's Programs, The Center for Nonviolence
- Medical Professional: Merrilee D. Frey, RN, BSN, SANE-A, Director of Lake Circuit Court's Domestic Relations Counseling Bureau
October is Domestic Violence Awareness month.