Six women and four men are semifinalists for appointment to the Indiana Supreme Court.
The Indiana Judicial Nominating Commission on Wednesday narrowed the field of 22 applicants to 10 after two days of interviews. The following applicants were selected as semifinalists:
• Hon. Cale Bradford, Indiana Court of Appeals
• Hon. Frances Gull, Allen Superior Court
• Erin Reilly Lewis
• Andrielle Metzel
• Hon. Steven Nation, Hamilton Superior Court
• Hon. Loretta Rush, Tippecanoe Superior Court
• Geoffrey Slaughter
• Hon. Marianne Vorhees, Delaware Circuit Court
• Hon. Mary Willis, Henry Circuit Court
• John Young
The commission will interview the semifinalists Aug. 8-9 and select the three candidates it deems most qualified, and the names of those individuals will be forwarded to Gov. Mitch Daniels. The governor will have 60 days from formal receipt of the names to announce an appointment.
The vacancy on the Supreme Court was created when Justice Frank Sullivan Jr. announced he would retire this summer.
Applications of the 22 people who were interviewed by the commission may be viewed here.