The Indiana Supreme Court Committee on Rules of Practice and Procedure would like to hear from judges, attorneys and the general public on proposed changes to the Indiana Rules of Court.
The committee seeks feedback on:
• Public access to court records – amendments to Administrative Rule 9 to reorganize and clarify the rule;
• Changes to appellate and trial rule amendments related to Administrative Rule 9 – conform the rules to the new structure of Administrative Rule 9;
• Body attachments – a new section to Trial Rule 69 that establishes procedures for issuing writs of body attachments;
• Appellate briefs and petitions – amendments to the Appellate Rule 43 clarifying spacing requirements; and
• Not-for-publication memorandum decisions – rename and allow for citation of such opinions for persuasive value.
A more detailed description of the proposed changes is available at http://courts.in.gov/4186.htm.
Comments are due by May 14. They may be sent by email to RulesComments@courts.in.gov or in writing to Lilia G. Judson, Executive Director, Indiana Supreme Court, Division of State Court Administration, 30 S. Meridian St., Suite 500, Indianapolis, IN 46204.