Jury convicts Indianapolis man in 2017 triple slaying

A jury has convicted an Indianapolis man of murder in the 2017 slaying of three people.

The Marion County Prosecutor’s Office announced Thursday that 26-year-old Kenneth Lancaster was found guilty on three murder counts. He was charged last year in the June 2017 deaths of Mark Higgins, Keith Higgins and Jessica Carte.

The Indianapolis Star reported a witness told authorities Lancaster made several payments to Carte for a car that had been repossessed. The witness said Lancaster believed Carte was spending the money on drugs, so he and others tied her up and took her to a home.

Court documents say the three were shot “execution style” in an Indianapolis home.

Sentencing is scheduled for Nov. 15.

Please enable JavaScript to view this content.

{{ articles_remaining }}
Free {{ article_text }} Remaining
{{ articles_remaining }}
Free {{ article_text }} Remaining Article limit resets on
{{ count_down }}