The Indiana Supreme Court has certified or re-certified 42 judicial officers as senior judges for the coming year.
In a Monday order, the high court re-certified 33 senior judges to retain their senior judge status through Dec. 31, 2019. The 33 senior judges each met the qualifications for recertification under Indiana Code section 33-27-4-1.
Additionally, eight trial court judges and one magistrate received initial certification as senior judges, effective Jan. 2 through Dec. 31, 2019. The judges, who were found to be qualified for senior status under I.C. 33-23-3-2, include:
- Clay Superior Judge James B. Akers
- Warrick Superior Judge Robert R. Aylsworth
- Cass Circuit Judge Leo T. Burns
- Vanderburgh Superior Court Magistrate Sheila M. Corcoran
- Former Henry Circuit Judge and former Supreme Court Chief Administrative Officer Mary G. Willis
- Retiring Marion Superior Judge Michael D. Keele
- Posey Circuit Judge James M. Redwine
- Brown Circuit Judge Judith A. Stewart
- White Circuit Judge Robert W. Thacker
All orders certifying and re-certifying 2019 senior judges can be read here.