A jury has acquitted a man in the drive-by shooting of a 7-year-old girl killed while attending another child’s birthday party in South Bend last year.
FedEx gunman who killed 8, self was known to police
The former employee who shot and killed eight people at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis was interviewed by FBI agents last year after his mother called police to say that her son might commit “suicide by cop,” the bureau said Friday. Authorities also released the names of the eight victims late Friday.Read More
A jury has convicted a northern Indiana woman of the strangulation death of her 10-year-old stepdaughter.
A northern Indiana man has been convicted in the 2015 killing of his uncle, who authorities believe was shot and then burned along with the mattress to his bed.
Two teenage boys have been arrested in connection with the fatal shooting of a 15-year-old girl in Terre Haute, authorities say.
An Indiana man has pleaded guilty to the attempted murder of a man he shot at four times outside a gas station.
An Indiana man accused of throwing an explosive toward police and smashing windows during protests in Portland, Oregon, appeared in federal court this week and was detained pending further proceedings.
An armed robbery suspect now also faces a preliminary attempted murder charge following a pursuit early Friday in which shots were fired at officers, Terre Haute police said.
A northwest Indiana man faces attempted murder and other charges for allegedly luring a 9-year-old girl into his house and beating and sexually assaulting her before officers found her locked in his basement.
What appears to be the deadliest workplace shooting in Indiana history is likely to cause a wide range of effects on surviving employees at the FedEx Ground Operations Center, from shock and confusion to grief and depression.
An Evansville man convicted of fatally stabbing his estranged wife and her ex-husband has been sentenced to 110 years in prison.
When juvenile defendants are tried in adult court, parents who are also witnesses may be excluded from witness-separation orders if their children establish them as “essential” to the presentation of evidence, the Indiana Supreme Court has ruled. However, applying that holding to the facts of the case before them, justices concluded an Elkhart County teen failed to establish his mom was “essential” to his attempted murder defense.
An Indianapolis man was formally charged with murder Thursday in the killings of three adults and a child he allegedly shot to death after he and his girlfriend argued because he wanted a share of her federal COVID-19 relief money.
One correction officer was killed and a second seriously injured after an alleged attack Sunday by a prison inmate, Indiana State Police said.
A 17-year-old Indianapolis boy accused of fatally shooting his father, stepmother, two teenage relatives and a heavily pregnant 19-year-old woman was charged with six counts of murder Thursday, according to a prosecutor and court documents.
The man accused of fatally shooting an Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officer will face a potential death sentence, the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office announced Tuesday.
An Indiana man has been sentenced to 115 years in prison for fatally stabbing a Goshen College professor and leaving the man’s wife with nearly two dozen stab wounds during a home invasion in 2011.
Marion County Prosecutor Ryan Mears announced this month that his office will establish the Conviction Integrity Unit in early 2021 to prevent, identify and correct wrongful convictions. The new unit will consist of one attorney, an investigator and a paralegal and be the first of its kind in Indiana, according to the National Registry of Exonerations.
A Lake County man sentenced to 120 years in prison after he was convicted in a second jury trial of a 2013 murder and attempted murder lost his appeal claiming his defense counsel was ineffective.
Indiana Supreme Court justices affirmed Wednesday that a Vanderburgh County man who murdered his wife was not harmed when an attorney juror in his trial committed gross misconduct. The high court reinstated the man’s convictions that had been vacated by the Indiana Court of Appeals over the attorney’s misconduct in providing a misleading answer on a jury questionnaire.
A man who was among a group of armed, masked people who entered a house around 3 a.m. on a November morning four years ago leading to a fatal gun battle lost his appeal of murder and attempted murder convictions Monday.