Indiana Supreme Court Justice Geoffrey Slaughter has taken over as chair of the Coalition for Court Access, while three additional members have been appointed to serve under him.
The Supreme Court announced Slaughter’s appointment as head of the civil legal aid initiative in a Tuesday order. He will take over for Justice Steven David, who had chaired the coalition since its 2016 inception.
Slaughter’s term as chair began July 1 and will continue until June 30, 2021, unless a successor is appointed prior to that date. Three new appointees will join the coalition for the same three-year term, including:
- Michael Tolbert, Tolbert & Tolbert
- Victor Quintanilla, Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Judge Melissa May, Indiana Court of Appeals
The court also re-appointed three members for the July 2018 to June 2021 term, including:
- Judith Fox, Notre Dame Law School
- Carl Pebworth, Faegre Baker Daniels
- Chris Purnell, Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic